Joseph Morris, 23, is an emerging clarinetist equally at home as soloist, chamber musician and orchestral performer. The 2013-14 season saw Joseph performing alongside Jean-Yves Thibaudet in concert with the Colburn Chamber Music Society, with pianist Christopher Taylor in a live broadcast on Wisconsin Public Radio, and appearing as soloist with the Downey Symphony, Burbank Philharmonic, and with the Colburn Orchestra in a performance of John Adams’ Gnarly Buttons directed by the composer as part of the LA Philharmonic’s Minimalism Festival. Joseph joined the Madison Symphony Orchestra as Principal Clarinetist in 2013 at the age of 22 and has received critical acclaim for his performances with the orchestra. He also performs as Principal Clarinet of the Madison Opera and the Madison Ballet. Read more…
Joseph Morris will join the Luzerne Music Center as the new Clarinet Faculty member for their 2014 summer sessions. In addition to teaching he will join in performances of the Luzerne Chamber Music Festival as well as the Faculty Artist Series.
The Luzerne Music Center takes place from June 22 – August 18 and is located in Lake Luzerne, New York.
- WPR’s “The Midday Show” featuring Joe Morris
- Review: MSO Opening Concert “Orchestral Masterworks”
- Morris to Join the Madison Symphony Orchestra as Principal Clarinetist
- Live Recordings from Summer 2013
- Review: Nielsen Clarinet Concerto at Music Academy of the West
- Joseph Morris Chosen as a Winner of Music Academy of the West’s 2013 Concerto Competition
- Santa Barbara Independent Reviews Music Academy of the West
- Morris Passes to Semifinals of Carl Nielsen Competition
- Watch Joseph Morris’ March performance of the Nielsen Clarinet Concerto